This year, a new competition has been added to the 48 Hour Film Festival lineup:
The International Eco Film Competition, or “48 Go Green“ for short.
Taking place February 18-20, the 48 Go Green challenges you to make a narrative short film in only 48 hours, writing, shooting, and editing it. But, to mix things up, this challenge has some slightly different rules than the traditional 48 Hour Film Project.
- Environmental Themes. You will be randomly assigned a theme for your film which has to do with the environment. The themes are: animals, energy, the environment in general, forests, the next generation, the planet, the sea, and water.
No genre assignment. You get to pick your own genre–just notify us which
one you picked when you turn in your film.
Elements. We will still provide you with a character, prop, and a line of
dialogue which must appear in your film.
:: In-Person Competition ::
- We will have in-person kickoffs and dropoffs and premier screenings in these cities–register by clicking on the links below:
Only 30 teams per city will be accepted, so register now!
In Person Registration fees are:
– Regular registration: 160 USD (between Jan. 20 and Feb. 1)
– Late registration: 175 USD (after February 1)
:: On-Line Competition ::
- Sign up now for our on-line competition!
If you don’t live near those cities, you will be invited to participate on-line. Filmmakers will receive their assignments via email. After making your film you will upload it to our 48 Go Green website.
Online Competition Registration fees are:
– Regular registration: 135 USD (between Jan. 20 and Feb. 1)
– Late registration: 150 USD (after February 1)
Check back on this page for additional information and registration instructions.