Saturday, August 6th, from 10 a.m. at Sylvia’s garden in Hartland, VT
The meeting includes:
- a demonstration, by Anne Miller, of hand-pollination of corn and cucurbits.
- a tasting of anything wonderful from your garden. Bring your favorites.
- a scything workshop/demonstration by Sylvia, including mowing, peening and honing, so if you have a European scythe, feel free to bring it.
What to bring:
- a contribution to the potluck lunch made from ingredients from your garden, ideally grown from seed you have saved.
- a plate, glass, and cutlery to help cut down on waste and work.
- news of projects you are working on
- seeds to swap
If you plan to attend, please RSVP Sylvia Davatz .
Directions to Sylvia’s:From the North: Take the Route 5/White River Junction exit off either I-89 or I-91. Drive south on Route 5 for about 7 miles after the VA hospital to the overpass crossing I-91. Immediately after the overpass turn right onto Gilson road. It will go up a hill, curve to the right and the pavement will end. Follow Gilson Road for a total of 1.1 miles. You will see my black mailbox on the left at the bottom of my neighbor’s drive. Then look for my drive on the RIGHT just beyond. There is a hand-painted sign saying “106 Gilson Road” hanging from a tree. As you turn into the drive you’ll see a small field on your left. Come right to the top.
From the South: Take Exit 9, Hartland/Windsor, off I-91, Turn left onto Route 5 north. Follow Route 5 for about 1 mile into Hartland Three Corners (you will see the Hartland Yoga Center straight ahead). Route 5 curves to the right. Stay on it for another 2 miles. Just before the overpass crossing the interstate you will see Gilson Road on your left. Turn there and follow the directions above on Gilson Road.