15th ANNUAL TRAILS WORK DAY — WOW!
Saturday, June 2nd 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Meet at Blue Mt. School
Rt. 302 in Wells River
HELLO FRIENDS OF THE CROSS VERMONT TRAIL
Walkers, and All Who Love the Great Outdoors Volunteers needed for trail work on the Wells River Conservation Trails. The 20th Annual National Trails day is Saturday June 2nd , this is the day when trails groups all over the country will get together to do there spring cleaning on their local trail networks, to get them ready for the summer hiking season. The Cross Vermont Trail Association, and the Newbury Conservation Commission are sponsoring our 15th annual Trails Day Work Day on the CVT. We will be meeting at Blue Mt School School at 8:45am for work assignments to start the day at 9:00 am.
THIS YEARS LIST OF PROJECTS:
1. Working on the Blue Mt. Nature Trail.
- 4-5 trees down from storms & beavers.
- Tools & help needed- 2 chainsaws [ and people to run them] 4-5 people to clean up blow-downs [ With the right person doing the work one of these blow-downs could be turned in to a “trail side bench” Ideal for wildlife & bird watching ].
- Raking and grading on the Blue Mt. Nature Trail.
Last year’s floods have deposited piles of sand on the trail, this can be spared-out on the trail to improve the trail surface. From Blue Mt. down to the CVT the culverts, and water-bars need to be cleaned out, spread out and the trail raked smooth. Tools needed, 6 to 8 people, wheelbarrows, shovels and rakes.
2. Bridge repair of a small foot bridge over a small stream that last years floods moved off of its footings.
- Tools needed [ we will have come-a-long & block & tackle there].
- 4-6 people with some “pulling power”.
3. Working on the Boltonville Nature Trail.
- Weedwack the meadow form the step-slope off the CVT to the wood line
- Tools & help needed 4-6 people with weedwackers, String trimmers & the kind with brush blades.
- The trail system over all is in really good shape. If we can get a good turnout of volunteers as we have in the past, if we can get your help, this trail system will be in good shape for years to come.
- The Blue Mt. Grange will be doing our cook out lunch for the volunteers again this year, and I for one cannot thank them enough for all their support.
For more info on this event or the CVT contact:
802 757 3960
HAPPY TRAILS . . .