Vermont’s Energy Choices Forum: Old Dirty Problems, Clean Energy Solutions
Please join us on Saturday, April 27 at 1:30 pm for a forum to discuss Vermont’s Energy Choices: Old Dirty Problems, Clean Energy Solutions. The event is taking place in the Billings Auditorium, University of Vermont in Burlington.
If Vermont is saying no to renewables, like wind and solar, where should our energy come from? This forum, co-hosted by a number of Vermont environmental organizations, aims to draw a bright line between dirty, and renewable energy; making it clear that developing a wind farm is a far cry from mountain top removal for coal.
- U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders (schedule permitting)
- Paul Burns, VPIRG Executive Director
- Kate Sinding, Senior Attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- Dr. Andreas Wieg and Dirk Vansintjan of the Heinrich Boell Foundation, European community energy experts
- Johanna Miller of Vermont Natural Resources Council.
We see this event as a huge opportunity to fire up the silent majority of wind and renewable supporters, and give them the necessary contextual information to feel confident in speaking out in support of real solutions. As developers, this is a great way to mingle, and chat with folks who could be shining activist in the coming months.
Hope to see you there!
Renewable Energy Vermont
PO Box 1036
Montpelier, VT 05601