Dear Colleagues, Activists, Members, and Friends of VNRC,
In honor of Vermont legislator Arthur Gibb, who dedicated much of his life to public service to ensure that Vermont is a better place for future generations, VNRC is accepting nominations for the 2013 Arthur Gibb Award for Individual Leadership.
Past award winners can be found online here and include:
- John Ewing, Founder, Vermont Forum on Sprawl (later renamed Smart Growth Vermont and merged with VNRC in 2011)
- Gus Seelig, Executive Director, Vermont Housing & Conservation Board
- Rob Woolmington, Attorney, Bennington, Vermont
- Paul Bruhn, Executive Director, Preservation Trust of Vermont
- Robert Lloyd, Planning Commission Chair, Tinmouth, Vermont
- Connie Snow, Executive Director, Windham and Windsor Housing Trust
If you know a land use leader in Vermont who you want to recognize, we encourage you to nominate him or her.
All nominees will be considered for the award based on the following qualities exemplified by Arthur Gibb:
- Commitment to Public Service
Smart Growth Vermont founded the Arthur Gibb Award in 2006, and merged with VNRC in July 2011. VNRC is committed to continuing the important work of Smart Growth Vermont, including the tradition of celebrating Vermont’s land use leaders.
Please download the nomination form here or contact me (information below) for a paper copy.
We look forward to receiving your submission by June 28, 2013.
Sustainable Communities Program Director
Vermont Natural Resources Council
9 Bailey Ave
Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 223-2328 ext 114