“Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning: Stakeholder Views”
BACKGROUND: Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Chairman of the Committee on Environment and Public Works, will convene a hearing to examine requirements and challenges associated with decommissioning nuclear reactors throughout the nation.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 14, 2014 10:00 AM ET
EPW Hearing Room
SD-406 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Webcast will be available at http://www.epw.senate.gov starting at 10:00 AM ET
- Mr. Michael F. Weber, Deputy Executive Director for Operations, Materials, Waste, Research, State, Tribal, and Compliance Programs, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- The Honorable Don Mosier, Council Member, City of Del Mar, CA
- The Honorable Christopher Recchia, Commissioner, Vermont Public Service Department
- Mr. Geoffrey H. Fettus, Senior Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Mr. Marvin S. Fertel, President & Chief Executive Officer, Nuclear Energy Institute
Just a reminder: If you would like us to save a seat for you, please let your Senate Press Gallery know, and drop Colin MacCarthy a note at Colin_MacCarthy@epw.senate.gov to let us know you’re coming. Please note that media are required to display current Senate press credentials. In order to guarantee that a seat can be saved, please plan to arrive promptly, prior to the scheduled start time of the hearing. Television producers should contact the Senate Radio and TV Gallery in advance if possible to ensure that we’re ready to accommodate you.