- All CSWD facilities will be closed in observance of Labor Day. This includes theDrop-OffCenters, Environmental Depot, Green Mountain Compost, and the Administrative Offices. All facilities normally open the Saturday preceding the holiday will be open regular hours.
- CSWD’s Materials Recovery Facility will be closed Sept. 2, but open special hours on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.
If you have questions about non-CSWD facilities, please call them directly.
- Burlington Public Works will not collect curbside recyclables on September 2. If your recycling falls on that day, your recyclables will be collected the following week on your recycling day. Please call Burlington Public Works at 863-9094 to confirm your collection schedule.
- McNeil Wood & Yard Waste Depot (864-7446) will be closed on September 2.
- All Cycle Transfer Station (864-3615) and the Burlington Transfer Station (878-3506 ext. 26), will be closed September 2.
September 16 and 23 at 5 pm, Backyard Composting Workshops:
In this workshop, you will learn how easy it is to harness the forces of nature involved in turning food scraps and yard debris into beautiful compost that can be used to build up the soil in your lawn and garden. At Green Mountain Compost. Registration is required. More information may be found on the workshop page.
Now through Saturday, October 26: The Rover, CSWD’s mobile household hazardous waste collection unit is on the road, part-way through its schedule of visiting each town in Chittenden County. The schedule is listed above and online on the Rover page.